Young patient presenting with incidentally detected right-side renal tumor on sonography.
- CT scan revealed an aggressive tumor extending toward the hilum, (The neck of the kidney where blood supply enters.)
- Tumor close to the hilum, posed challenges for its removal while preserving the healthy part of the kidney.
- Removal of the entire kidney (nephrectomy) was suggested by other hospitals in Navi Mumbai.
- The medical team proposed a different approach, advocating for a partial nephrectomy to preserve kidney
3. The patient agreed to this treatment plan.
Procedure and Outcome:
- Partial nephrectomy was performed successfully, removing only the tumor and preserving the healthy kidney tissue.
- Pre-surgery and post-surgery creatinine levels remained stable at 0.9, indicating no renal function impairment.
- The patient achieved tumor cure while maintaining renal function.
- The procedure aimed to provide the patient with a good quality of life and minimize the risk of future renal failure.