Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia treatment In Mumbai under Dr. Soumyan Dey:
When a person comes to me with a complaint of difficulties in passing urine, we evaluate the cause by taking a history, doing relevant clinical examination and performing tests. As symptoms similar to of BPH also occurs in many other diseases like stones, infection and tumor
What are the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia?
Common signs and symptoms of BPH include:
- Poor stream
- Difficulty starting urination(hesitancy)
- Weak urine streamor a stream that stops and starts ( intermitancy )
- Frequent or urgent need to urinate.
- Increased frequency of urinationat night (nocturia)
- Inability to completely empty the bladder.
THE ABOVE SYMPTOMS ARE KNOWN AS LUTS, they may also be caused by diseases other than BPH.
What are the causes of renal cancer?
The cause of prostate enlargement is unknown, but it occurs as a man gets older.
One thing that is known is that, testosterone; the male hormone drives its growth. BPH is unknown in men, who have low testosterone level due to disease/surgical castration
How is Kidney Cancer Diagnosed?
When a patient comes to me with a difficulty in passing urine we evaluate him with
- Clinical examination
- Urine for routine examination
- Serum PSA
- USG Kidney ureter and bladder with residual urine
benign prostatic hyperplasia Treatment In Navi Mumbai & Mumbai
What are the stages of Renal cancer?
Once BPH is diagnosed, the treatment is initially medical with drugs and behavioural changes, unless there are complications like retention of urine with failure to void after catheter removal, when surgical treatment becomes the first line
BEHAVIORAL modifications like
- avoiding drinking excess fluids,
- avoiding liquids 2 hours before sleep,
- timed voiding 3 hourly,
- avoiding smoking,
- avoiding excess tea and coffee,
- Regular exercise and weight management.
- Use of DRUGS like
- Alpha blockers (Tamsulosin / Alfuzocin)
- Anticholinergics like solifenacin
It involves removing the obstructing element of prostate gland endoscopically.
It can be achieved with procedures like Laser prostatectomy HOLEP/THULEP, BIPOLAR TURP, MONOPOLAR TURP
An endoscope is inserted through penis to visualise the obstructing prostate gland which is then removed with a laser or bipolar resection.
- urinary retention(acute and chronic) : inability to pass urine requiring cauterisation of bladder , putting a tube
- blood in urine,
- urinary tract infection,
- bladder stones,
- rarely renal failure due to long term unrelieved obstruction
- When, one has the sign and symptoms of BPH/LUTS, as mentioned above.
- Blood in urine
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Retention of urine
It’s not preventable, it happens with age.
However if we lead a healthy lifestyle (diet, exercise, avoid smoking) and follow the behavioural modifications as stated, medical treatment with drugs can be delayed